Paolo Duterte resigns as Davao City vice mayor

ROCAYA SUMNDAD OTICAL YAHYA
Iligan City | December 25, 2017


Image result

Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte has resigned from his post. Online reports just a while ago were quoting 
the vice mayor as saying "I hereby tender my resignation as Vice Mayor of Davao City effective today, December 25, 2017" in a speech during a special session of the city council on Christmas Day.

The report  said Duterte, who was trying to keep his composure, said, "I take responsibility for what has happened."


Among the incidents that triggered his decision, he said, was the smuggling of P6.4-billion worth of shabu from China through the Bureau of Customs, where his name was dragged, and, just last week, his "very public squabble with my daughter" from his first marriage.


In his resignation letter, he attributed the "recent unfortunate events in my life" to his "failed first marriage" to Lovelie Sumera.

“The other person in this failed relationship is incorrigible and cannot be controlled. And I take responsibility for all that has happened as a result of a wrong decision to marry at a very young age,” he said.

Duterte thanked the council and said, "I look forward to the day that I will be able to serve our country again."

Paolo Duterte, son of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, also said that his mother always reminded him of the importance of "delicadeza." 
(RSP)
Copyright. 2013. The New Ranao Star. Powered by Blogger.