PMTC grad among top 5 in teachers’ licensure exam

LET topnotch Abdulhalim poses a souvenir photo with admin, faculty, staff and students of PMTC, her alma mater, during a kanduri the school tenders in her honor at a hotel in Lim Kit Kai, CDO. PMTC is run by the Sharief family headed by matriarch Dr. Norma Sharief. TNRS

ROCAYA SUMNDAD OTICAL YAHYA 
and ASHMEN M. SULTAN
Cagayan De Oro City | December 18, 2016

A twenty-year old lad who hails from the municipality of Masiu, Lanao del Sur ranked fifth in the licensure examination for teachers or LET, and she is the first Maranao lady to top the LET exams.
Ms Abdulhalim
Sittie Airah Farida Abdulhalim is on top 5 for elementary teachers level with a rating of 87.20 percent. She is a graduate of Bachelor in Elementary Education (BEEd) from Philippine Muslim Teachers College (PMTC) in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur.

Abdulhalim was given a gift of P50,000 and, together with all PMTC LET passers, was treated to a kanduri (thanksgiving) at a hotel here by her alma mater.

PMTC is the leading higher educational institution in Lanao del Sur with highest number of LET passers. It is run by the Sharief family headed by matriarch Dr. Norma Sharief with Agakhan Sharief as school’s president.

Aside from Abdulhalim, 147 elementary and 19 secondary board passers also came from PMTC. The teachers took their oath before the Professional Regulatory Commission Saturday, December 17

Abdulhalim told the media that life struggles were never an obstacle for her.

She recounted: “I am the only child in our family and my father left us few days before my graduation day when I was in Grade Six in Ebnu Abbas Integrated School in Masiu town, kaya di na ako umattend sa graduation ko (that’s why I did not attend my graduation).

My mother Farida Hadji Alawi took care of me as she was my lawyer when I was oppressed, my mentor, guardian and my inspiration,” media quoted Abdulhalim as saying.

After my graduation from high school, her mother died.

Abdulhalim said her relatives, especially brothers and sisters of the Mustafa family, treated her as theirn own child and helped her until she finished college. She said they even helped her to take a review in Iligan and take the board examination until she made it..

“My aunties, uncles, cousins and the Mustafa family treated me like their own child and they were the ones who insisted when my mother died, they acted like my mother and helped me until I finished my college degree in Education in Marawi City, during my review in Iligan City until I passed the LET,” Abdulhalim said.

“My experiences and challenges in life gave me more strength, courage with a brave heart to pursue my dreams in my education career,” added Abdulhalim.

TNRS
Copyright. 2013. The New Ranao Star. Powered by Blogger.